Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Knitting adventures: Sweater Dress; Part 2



With several attempts at knitting sleeves under my belt, I was able to resolve the sizing and add the eyelets and yellow details.  My amazing model, Agustina, was really into the tactile quality that comes along with wearing little knitted puffs on your arms.  The dress turned out super thick and comfy, definitely a perfect cold-weather dress.  
My inspiration for this piece was drawn from visuals of The Neon Museum in Las Vegas. The museum site hosts over a 100 relics of Vegas history, both donated and found dating back to the 30's. I'm keeping my eye out for cheap flights to Vegas, as this is now high on my list of places to see.  I think my vintage aesthetic shows through in this piece, as I so much adore being able to experience a connection to history and the collections that we have assembled from it.
Be sure to check out Cheri Lucas's Neon Boneyard Photos  They are amazing and make you feel like you are really there!

No comments:

Post a Comment